Jonathan Bernier (born August 7, 1988)
is a Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender currently playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was drafted in the first round (11th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft by the Los Angeles Kings, the team with whom he played his first four NHL seasons. He was traded to the Maple Leafs on June 23, 2013 in exchange for Ben Scrivens, Matt Frattin and a second round draft pick.
Bernier's junior career was spent entirely with the Lewiston Maineiacs in the QMJHL. The first goal to be scored on him in the QMJHL was by his brother, Marc-André Bernier, at the Halifax Metro Center on September 24, 2004. The goal was in the first period at 15:39. It was Jonathan's first ever QMJHL game. During the 2006–2007 season, Bernier won the President's Cup with the Maineiacs as league champions of the QMJHL.
Los Angeles Kings
On September 29, 2007, Bernier was given the starting role for the Kings in their 2007–08 NHL season debut game versus theAnaheim Ducks in London, England. He allowed one goal on 27 shots, earning the win by the final score of 4–1, while being named the second star of the game. During the 07–08 season, Bernier finished with a 1–3 record, a 4.03 goals against average and a .864save percentage. Due to these numbers, Bernier was sent back to his junior team in Lewiston.
Due to the emergence of Jonathan Quick, the Kings were able to keep Bernier playing with the Manchester Monarchs to season him in the American Hockey League (AHL) for the 2008–2009 and 2009–2010 seasons. He would be named to Team Canada for the 2010 AHL All-Star game.
While Quick was attending to the birth of his first child, Bernier made his 2010 debut for the Kings with a 29 save 2–1 shootout win against the Dallas Stars, where he also stopped all six shots he faced in the shootout. On March 30 he recorded a 2–0 shutout against the Nashville Predators in his second NHL game of the 2009–2010 season.
Toronto Maple Leafs
In the lead up to his first season with the Leafs, Bernier gained attention among the fan base for his memorable victory in a fight with Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller during a pre-season game on September 22, 2013 in which Leafs won 5-3. It was Bernier's first fight since junior.
The start of the 2013-2014 season saw Bernier and Reimer split playing time, however as the season went on, Bernier cemented himself in the starter role. On March 14, in his debut return to Los Angeles, Bernier played one period before leaving with a lower body injury. Bernier would miss 5 games due to injury, during which the Maple Leafs went 0-5-0. On April 3, 2014, Bernier again suffered another lower body injury and left the game at 8:22 in the third period after Maple Leafs Defenceman Paul Ranger pushed Patrice Bergeron of the Bruins onto him.
|Competitor for Canada|
|World Junior Championships|
|Gold||2008 Czech Republic|
Along with Steve Mason, Bernier was chosen as one of Canada's goalies for the 2008 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships, in which he finished with a 1–1 record and a 2.00 goals against average as Canada won the gold medal.
Bernier is the younger brother of Marc-André Bernier, a draft choice of the Vancouver Canucks and who is now captain of Ligue Magnus's Diables Rouges de Briançon. Bernier was one of the groomsmen at the wedding of Meghan Agosta and Marco Marciano, the goaltending coach of the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada of the QMJHL on August 31, 2012. Bernier is married to Martine Forget, a model, and they have a son, Tyler.
Awards and accomplishments
- Won the 2006–07 Guy Lafleur Trophy as Most Valuable Player of the QMJHL Playoffs.
- Played for Team Canada at the 2010 AHL All-Star Game.
- Won the 2009–10 Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award for outstanding AHL goalkeeper.
- 2011–12 – NHL- Stanley Cup (LA Kings)
- 2012 Spengler Cup
Regular season and playoffs
|2007–08||Los Angeles Kings||NHL||4||1||3||0||238||16||0||4.03||.864||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Los Angeles Kings||NHL||3||3||0||0||185||4||1||1.30||.957||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Los Angeles Kings||NHL||25||11||8||3||1378||57||3||2.48||.913||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Los Angeles Kings||NHL||16||5||6||2||890||35||1||2.36||.909||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Los Angeles Kings||NHL||14||9||3||1||768||24||1||1.88||.922||1||0||0||30||0||0||0.00||1.000|
|2013–14||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||55||26||19||7||3084||138||1||2.68||.923||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
Événements à venir
- Êtes-vous le gagnant du concours "Jonathan Bernier #45" du Québec / Are you the Quebec winner of the "Jonathan Bernier # 45" contest?
- Prochaine visite: Sherbrooke
- Prochaine Visite: St-Jean-sur-le-Richelieu
- Prochaine Visite: Brockville, Ontario
- Prochaine Visite: Pointe-aux-Trembles, Québec
- Prochaine Visite: Mirabel, Québec
- Prochaine Visite: Nobleton Ontario
- Prochaine Visite: Kingston, Ontario
- Prochaine Visite: St-Hyacinthe, Québec
- Prochaine Visite: Toronto, Ontario
- Il y a 11 h 20 minspordle - Une incursion dans l’univers du coaching à l’émission Au 19e... : [Lien]
- Il y a 1 jourspordle - A.G.A. Hockey Rivière-du-Loup : [Lien]
- Il y a 1 jourspordle - A.G.A. HOCKEY RIVIÈRE-DU-LOUP : [Lien]
- Il y a 1 jourspordle - PGA TOUR: Collin Morikawa mène : [Lien]
- Il y a 1 jourspordle - IMPORTANT: CANICULE 30 degrés celsius et plus avec facteur ... : [Lien]